View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 01 Nov 2014, 06:47

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
MacGyver 2.0 RC kit for the new AR.AR.Drone 2.0 @ AR.Drone Shack 
Ready for take off

New post Re: MacGyver 2.0 RC kit for the new AR.AR.Drone 2.0 @ AR.Drone Sha
szuu wrote:
but wasn't the new AR.Drone supposed to stabilize the position at high altitude and against the wind? at least this is what i understand from their announcements...

I thought so too. I released the sticks to let it hover and started to head over to it and then it turned up on its side and just blew away. I watched it turn into a dot and fall, but had no luck finding it.

I blame myself since I couldn't tell at that point which way it was facing, and I sent it further away from me instead of closer to me. But I was hoping it would hover until I got close enough to bring it back.

The mod is also supposed to prevent run-aways, but I guess since this was a blow-away it couldn't stop it.

16 May 2012, 23:35
Thinking of bearings

Just an update, our stock of the McGyver 2.0 RC kit is just clearing customs and should be here just in time for our Parrot AR.AR.Drone 2.0 stock also.

Best Wishes
The AR.Drone Shack Team
www.droneshack.co.uk
www.facebook.com/droneshack

19 May 2012, 17:05
Profile WWW
Made it over nextdoor

donbadabon wrote:
I thought so too. I released the sticks to let it hover and started to head over to it and then it turned up on its side and just blew away. I watched it turn into a dot and fall, but had no luck finding it.

ah, i forgot it was RC mod... this adds one important factor: mode switch, influencing the hover behavior. disabling the "auto pilot" for better stability will also allow the AR.Drone to drift with the wind. this was mostly irrelevant for the old AR.Drone as it was helpless at high altitudes anyway, but if the new AR.Drone can really hold the position above the ultrasound range then the "hover mode" behavior of the RC mod decides if the AR.Drone will stay in place or fly away.

the question is - does the RC mod restore the normal hover behavior on detecting communication loss (regardless of the user-selected mode)? it should do so.
donbadabon wrote:
The mod is also supposed to prevent run-aways, but I guess since this was a blow-away it couldn't stop it.

from what i know, the "prevention procedure" works by decreasing motor power, encouraging the AR.Drone to descend, but of course it may have been improved for the 2.0 (or not, because it is so very new)

19 May 2012, 22:53
Thinking of bearings

This MacGyver 2.0 RC is now in Stock ready to ship.

Direct Link to product:
http://droneshack.co.uk/epages/95000223 ... C%20kit%22

Best Wishes
The AR.Drone Shack Team
www.droneshack.co.uk

22 May 2012, 10:31
Profile WWW
Newcomer

donbadabon wrote:
I still can't get the darned thing to record right to USB.

I followed the steps above, hit record and then started my flight.

When I landed I have a "video_00005.mp4.tmpvid" file, 484MB in size, on my USB stick.

So it looks like it started the recording, but it didn't end it properly so it never 'closed' the video.

Hi. Did you ever find a way to recover the 'tmpvid' file? I just had a crash and when I looked at the USB I had one of these files.

Actually, as I write this I'm thinking that I pulled the USB out before I disconnected the battery after the flight came to its untimely end.

02 Jun 2012, 15:05
Newcomer

macks wrote:
donbadabon wrote:
I still can't get the darned thing to record right to USB.

I followed the steps above, hit record and then started my flight.

When I landed I have a "video_00005.mp4.tmpvid" file, 484MB in size, on my USB stick.

So it looks like it started the recording, but it didn't end it properly so it never 'closed' the video.

Hi. Did you ever find a way to recover the 'tmpvid' file? I just had a crash and when I looked at the USB I had one of these files.

Actually, as I write this I'm thinking that I pulled the USB out before I disconnected the battery after the flight came to its untimely end.

OK ... solved the problem. (And sorry if this is not the right thread for this ... but this was the only entry I found when I searched for "tmpvid")

This is what I did. I powered the AR.Drone back up, connected to it with the iPad, I started to record a new video (just sitting there on the floor) and then stopped recording after a few seconds. The lights flashed as the video was being written to the USB stick. A couple of second later I powered down and pulled out the memory stick. When I plugged it into the computer, a-ha! There was a small new file (in proper .mp4 format) and the old file (the one with the .tmpvid extension) had now been written properly in its .mp4 format (and with some quite spectacular frames of the crash! :? )

02 Jun 2012, 15:40
Thinking of bearings

We have new stock of the MacGyver 2.0 RC Kit arriving second week of July 2012, but please note very limited stock so order now before they all go:

http://droneshack.co.uk/epages/95000223 ... C%20kit%22

Best Wishes
The AR.Drone Shack Team
www.droneshack.co.uk

30 Jun 2012, 22:26
Profile WWW
Chased the cat

Will there be a Mod that allows to use our own Spektrum or JR DSM2 transmitter?

01 Jul 2012, 00:00
Spying is fun

Multicopter Type: AR Drone V1 & V2
New post MacGyver 2.0 RC kit for the new AR.AR.Drone 2.0 @ AR.Drone Shack
Yes. A receiver kit will be available from www.i-AR.Drone.me
Allowing you to bind our kit with your radio. It will fit both AR.Drone 1.0 & 2.0
Should be out in a week or so!

http://www.i-AR.Drone.me
Twitter: @AR_Drone_idrone
Facebook:

01 Jul 2012, 00:31
Profile WWW
Chased the cat

ok thats great thanks

01 Jul 2012, 01:04
Just flips over

Multicopter Type: AR Drone V2
I note it says "· Fail safe, keeps the AR.Drone from flying off"
I thought the flyaways were caused by the AR.Drone firmware?
And what is this fail safe?

01 Jul 2012, 08:40
Profile WWW
Thinking of bearings

Multicopter Type: AR Drone V1
'Fail safe' keeps your AR.Drone safe when the transmitter fails. I.e. if the AR.Drone losses connectivity it will land itself.

01 Jul 2012, 09:21
Just flips over

Tizzy wrote:
'Fail safe' keeps your AR.Drone safe when the transmitter fails. I.e. if the AR.Drone losses connectivity it will land itself.

Right, in which case there is no signal to 'tell it to land'... so why doesn't it just fly away? because thats what seems to happen at the moment, and as I say, this is the firmware.

01 Jul 2012, 12:31
Profile WWW
Thinking of bearings

Multicopter Type: AR Drone V1
RacingSnake wrote:
Tizzy wrote:

Right, in which case there is no signal to 'tell it to land'... so why doesn't it just fly away? because thats what seems to happen at the moment, and as I say, this is the firmware.

perhaps you got a knock-off MacG RC kit which doesn't have the failsafe implemented properly or perhaps even an older version of the RC kit which didn't know about failsafe or how to implement it... I've seen quite a few expensive but poorly constructed RC mods for sale here, there and ebay where, which are called the macG mod but are definitely not and often don't even offer the RC mod bound to a correctly pre-configured transmitter which is what's most important.

01 Jul 2012, 13:21
Just flips over

er... I don't have the mod at all :D
I was just trying to understand how it solves a problem when itself loses connection.
So far it seems 'it just does' is the best (only?!) response.

01 Jul 2012, 14:57
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next